Monday, September 10, 2007

A Prayer

WE READ A STORY IN CLASS ABOUT HIP HOP CULTURE, AND I WHANTED TO SAY A PRAYER ABOUT HIP HOP AND THE GANGSTER LIFE.

Heavenly father, please hear me tonight
I need so much guidance to live my life right
Sometimes the pressure is to hard to bear
I often wonder if anyone cares

How can I wake up and face a new day
Knowing I have to live my life this crazy way
Heavenly father forgive all my sins
I want to change but where do I begin

Give me the strength to resist the nightly gun fire
please God bless my familie
who's eyes silently plead for me,
not to go, as they watch me leave
And God bless my mother
who cries every night,
hoping I don't get killed in another gun fight

Heavenly father. please answer my prayer
let me know you're listening up there
When will it end? What's it for?
To prove to my homies that I am down, I am hard core

Sometimes I wonder how I will die
A bullet wound? A knife in my side?
Heavenly father; please hear me tonight
give me the courage and strength to live my life right
Show me the way. Help give me peace
So I don't have to fight

Thank you for your forgiveness Lord
and for still being there, and most of all
Thanks for listening to a "GANGSTER'S PRAYER"

AMEN

JESSE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse, Hey I'm glad you write, it's cool to read your thoughts and feelings.

Jared

Anonymous said...

I like the way u was saying
that