Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What I'm Thankful for this Thanksgiving

For a writing assignment, I had my students write what they were thankful for. Here is my list (it isn't completely serious).

  1. Big Gulps and JalapeƱo and Cream Cheese Tornado's from 7-Eleven.
  2. Polygamist Doctors - he is really nice.
  3. Tylenol PM.
  4. Excedrin - the only headache medicine. Thank you, Mandy, for introducing me to this wonder drug.
  5. Not having to work on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
  6. Having long enough hair to fit in a ponytail.
  7. Saturday mornings.
  8. My So Called Life on DVD. (Best TV show - ever)
  9. Irene's Cranberry Cookies.
  10. Being able to watch episodes of my favorite TV on the Internet.
  11. Having a laptop to watch those shows in my bed.
  12. And, Internet in the house. Definitely a blessing to help me against my boredom this holiday.
  13. Oil painting - even if I haven't gone to class in 3 weeks.
  14. Good books.
  15. Hamburgers - mmmmmm.
What I'm really thankful for this Thanksgiving is having a place to go for Thanksgiving that feels like home, when I can't actually go home and spend the holiday with my parents. Thank you to the George family for adopting me into your family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for is that when i go to my granmas for thankgiving. I am very happy to be around my family.And i am also thankful for is that i love my grandma. she is like a mom to me and i know that she loves me so much.